Spring ISD offers a free half-day Pre-K program designed to give at-risk students quality instruction to ensure they will be successful in kindergarten.
The following are eligibility requirements for Pre-Kindergarten students. Students must live within the Spring ISD attendance zone and qualify for Pre-K according to state guidelines. They must:
- Be 4 years old by September 1 of the current school year;
- AND meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- Have limited income (as determined by the Free and Reduced Lunch program guidelines)
- Have English as a 2nd language; have limited English proficiency
- Be homeless or in foster care
- Have a parent in active military duty
- Locate the campus your child is zoned to. Use the School Locator to find out which school you are zoned to if you do not know.
- Go to the school and follow the procedures for Pre-K registration. To prepare for enrollment, including records you will need to bring, visit the Registration Information web page.
- Registration dates and times at each school are also on the Registration Information web page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is there a full day Pre-K program in Spring ISD?
A. No. The current Spring ISD Pre-K program is offered half-day.
Q. What are the attendance requirements for Pre-K?
A. School is mandatory for all students age six years and up in Texas. If you choose to enroll your student in a Prekindergarten or Kindergarten, the student must stay in school from that point forward. To find more information about attendance, refer to the Spring ISD Elementary Student Handbook.
Q. My child may have speech problems or developmental delays. What should I do?
A. Please refer to the Pre-School Program for Children with Disabilities (PPCD) page for information.
Q. What if my child does not turn 4 years old by September 1st this year? Is there a 3 year old program?
A. If your child is not 4 years old by September 1st, he/she is not eligible for Pre-K. There are two programs in Spring ISD that care for a very limited amount of three year olds: Even Start and Early Learning Academy.