Burchett Elementary School
3366 James C. Leo Drive
Spring, TX 77373
Yvette Casas, Principal Phone: 281-891-8630
Matthew Duncan, Assistant Principal FAX: 281-528-6351
Jewel Jefferson, Assistant Principal
Burchett Elementary School Title 1
School Parent Compact 2017-2018
Burchett Elementary and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title 1, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high standards.
Burchett Elementary will:
- Provide high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the students to meet the State’s academic achievement standards.
- Hold parent-teacher conferences relating to the individual student’s achievement
- Conferences will be on October 9, 2017 and as needed throughout the year.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s progress.
- A progress report will be sent in the middle of each nine week period.
- A report card will be sent at the end of each nine week period: Oct. 27, Jan. 12, March 23, May 31.
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff. Staff will be available to parents before and after school and during the teacher’s planning period for academic conferences.
- Provide parents the opportunity to volunteer, participate, and support the academic success of our students at Burchett. Opportunities include: Watch D.O.G.S. Dads, PTO events, homeroom parents, and “PAWsitive” volunteers.
I, as a parent, will support my child’s learning in the following ways:
- I understand that there is a connection between attendance and academic success. Therefore, I will see that my child is punctual and strives for 100% attendance and contact the school if my child is absent. (Have my child in school at or before 7:50 a.m.)
- Establish a time and place for homework and check the work nightly
- Ensure my child reads at least 20 minutes every night.
- Attend conferences, look at academic and behavior charts as well as school work, and call the school as needed to monitor my child’s progress.
- Support the school in its efforts to maintain proper discipline.
I, as a student, will share the responsibility to improve my academic achievement by:
- Doing my homework every day and asking for help when I need to.
- Reading every day for at least 20 minutes
- Following the Code of Student Conduct by choosing to follow the rules and exemplify positive behavior.
- Giving to my parents or the adult who is responsible for my welfare all notices and information received by me from the school.
- Striving for at least 98% attendance rate.