Conrgratulations to these outstanding Salyers teachers!
Rookie Teacher of the Year - Ms. Patterson, 4th Grade
Bilingual Teacher of the Year - Mrs. Preston, 3rd Grade
Campus-Wide Teacher of the Year - Mr. Bolden, 4th Grade
Salyers 2017-2018 Spelling Bee
Congratulations to our winner, 5th grader Kutara Harris. Job well done!
A great job was done by all of the participants. We are all proud of you!
21st Century/SAFE Program Resumes
The 21st Century/SAFE after school program will resume on Tuesday, January 16th, 2018. Our new coordinator, Miss Stewar,t is eager to get off to a fresh start!
FREE/REDUCED Lunch Applications
We need your help! Please fill out the free/reduced school lunch application. Every application counts for the school whether it is approved or not so. You may access the application via the springisd.org website under the Child Nutrition tab
New this year!
ATTENTION PARENTS: ALL ADULTS WHO COME TO SALYERS TO PICK-UP A STUDENT EARLY OR FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE MUST HAVE A PICTURE I.D.!
Spring ISD has a new grading policy!
- Major grades are 50% and minor grades are 50%
- Elementary report card cycles are 9 weeks
- Grades are entered weekly
- Students are given advanced notice when there will be an assignment or assessment for a major grade
- Students are given the opportunity to retake an assessment if they failed; however the maximum score they can earn on a retest is 75%
- Pre-kindergarten students receive progress reports every 12 weeks
- Kindergarten through fifth grade students receive progress reports every 4 weeks
A = 90 - 100
B = 80 - 89
C = 75 - 79
D = 70 - 74
F = 69 and below
Koala Kare is a before and after school child care program that operates on elementary school campuses. They hire certified teachers and school staff, provide a daily afternoon snack, and assist the kids with their homework. Would you like to have this program at Salyers? If so, click the link below and complete a very quick survey. Once we determine if Koala Kare would benefit our families, we will let you know!
University of Houston "Coog Explorers" Mechanical Engineering Technical Program
The 21st Century/SAFE program students were all smiles and actively engaged in learning about mchanical engineering. The U of H students did an excellent job of explaining the theory and mechanics of robotics and brought along a model to have the students put the learning into practice.