Virtual First Day Procedures (ALL LEARNING IS VIRTUAL)
Morning Procedures for Students
We will start school promptly at 9:40 AM. For the first week of school, all students will report to their grade level link
At 9:40 AM. We will have announcements and updates from our administrative staff, and students will learn how to navigate their virtual schedule. These sessions will be facilitated by the administrative staff and the counselors.
6th Grade: https://meet.google.com/yvk-pnua-wcj
7th Grade: https://meet.google.com/reo-hsnv-swh
8th Grade: https://meet.google.com/fxs-ievm-vuf
Students without a schedule should contact the registrar at Cemanu1@springisd.org.
Camera Ready Check: – Teachers will monitor students at all times during the morning meeting. As they enter.
- Welcome students to the meeting.
- Prompt them to turn on their camera and drop their name in the chat.
- Check their lighting, ensure they are dressed appropriately.
Attendance:- We will take preliminary attendance at the morning meeting.
- If a student is absent, we will contact their parents.
Grade Level Secretary and Assistant Principal will ensure compliance and attendance.
- We will call the parent of any student with: Camera Off and/or inappropriate attire.
- We will contact parents if a student is absent.
- We will contact parents if a student is tardy.
FIRST DAY: Counselors: Conduct the session that allows students to understand how their seven period schedule is outlined. They will show students how to fill out the Student Template. Additionally, explain how students can join their class remind, view the course syllabus, contact their teachers, and join their google classroom.
During First Period:
- Teachers will conduct a second camera check.
- Ensure students understand how their schedules correlate to the Google Meets Link.
- Ensure students understand the purpose of joining the Google Classroom, the Remind, and how to access Schoology.
- Attendance will be recorded again in every class period.
First Week Topics
Review: Virtual BEST Digital Expectations
- Logged on and ready to start on time.
- No Pajamas.
- No lying in bed.
Schoology: We willshow students how to log in to Schoology and how to access their class. DO NOT WORRY--if they do not have their username and password, we will give it to them the first week of school.
- Wednesday will be a Virtual Meet the Teacher Event: You can make an appointment to meet your child’s teacher via email.