Thank you for your patience as we make diligent efforts to distribute all of your required textbooks. As we know COVID-19 has brought along many challenges especially as it relates to production and shipping. With the onset of the pandemic, LSC has one bookstore hub that they are working from to provide textbooks to thousands of enrolled students. In an effort to assist our students with understanding and awareness of all things dual credit/high school textbook resources, I will be providing updates periodically throughout the coming weeks.
Please see information below and BE SURE TO READ ALL BULLETS THOROUGHLY.....
- High School Course Textbooks - Every SISD student should be able to access their online/ebooks for high school credit courses through their MySpringISD portal. Your teachers will be able to assist you with additional information. This includes any non-LSC course.**There are only a few exceptions which I can share on a case by case basis.
- During textbook distribution, you may receive a partial set of dual credit textbooks. This is due to the fact that the books have not arrived at our distribution center to be processed as of our distribution dates. We will notify students as they arrive.
- REMEMBER---- CHECK YOUR SYLLABUS before completing the request form. Each professor, each section, etc. may require different textbooks.
- Check all of your textbook packaging before discarding wrap. Several titles have loose access cards inside the packaging that you will need for the course. Also, check the inside covers of your textbooks for access codes if required.
- If you received a textbook and it is not the edition your course requires, we issued the previous version as a resource until the current, requested version arrives. Many times there are only minor changes from one edition/version to the next. You may check with your professor to determine if it is allowable to use on the first day of classes.
- Check your Lone Star College email for updates on Ebook distribution. Ebooks have been ordered for the following courses
- BIOL 1408, BIOL 2401, BIOL 2404, DRAM 1310, CRIJ 1301, MATH 2413
- We have received many questions about the textbook process and I want to share a bit of the logistics to help create awareness of processing timeframes -- See graphic below -- Due to the closure of LSC, as a result of COVID-19, our distribution had to be relocated to another district location which involved a great deal of transport and logistics.
- We are reviewing possible options for streamlining the ordering of textbooks as ebooks become available.
- Distribution Schedule - If you were not able to pick up your textbooks on your designated day, you may pick them up between 3p-6p today or 12p-4p on Friday
- For the safety of our staff and families, please remain in your vehicles during distribution activities
- Forms are available on the SECA website (See Announcements). We have limited copies available at the distribution site
- Bring printed form to distribution along with your SISD ID