Chet Burchett Elementary
Parent & Family Engagement Policy
Chet Burchett Elementary School adopts this Family Engagement Policy in support of strengthening student academic achievement as part of a joint school-community effort. Burchett Elementary recognizes the importance of establishing a strong partnership with our parents and is committed to carrying out programs, activities and procedures in accordance with Title 1, Part A, family engagement requirements.
Chet Burchett Elementary School agrees to implement the following:
- Provide materials and training to help parents work with their children to improve their children’s academic achievement, such as literacy training and using technology to enhance student learning.
- Educate our teachers, service personnel, principals and other staff in how to reach out, communicate with, and work with parents as equal partners in the implementation of school programs.
- Ensure that information related to school and parent-programs, meetings, and other activities is sent to parents of participating children in an understandable, and uniform format, including a language the parent can understand.
- Will, at the request of parents, provide opportunities for regular meetings for parents to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions about the education of their children.
- Will provide each parent an individual student report about the performance of their child on the State assessment in grades 3 through 5.
- Will provide each parent an individual student report about the academic performance of their child each nine weeks.
- Provide parents with information regarding policies of grading, attendance, late work, and school expectations for success.
- Provide information about planned Title 1 programs, activities and services
- Establish a shared responsibility with parents for student achievement.