Mail Room Services
The mail room offers a variety of services that can make your mailing easier and possibly save you money. Before you begin to process any sized mail out please contact Susan Collins at 281-891-6139 to discuss your needs.
General Campus Mail Outs
· Letters addressed to individual student or parents will go at regular first class postage rate.
(Rates or subject to change)
· If you provide the window envelopes we can insert the documents plus meter at first class postage
Mail Bag Delivery
Each campus has amail bag that is brought to central office and sorted out to be delivered to all
campuses and departments within the district on the next scheduled delivery day. Deliveries/pickups are now Monday-Friday.
You can send any amount of unstamped mail to the mail room along with a SISD Postal Center Form,
we will get your mail metered at standard postage rate and delivered to the post Office the same day.
Generic Bulk Mail Outs:
· If you are sending a standard, generic letter you can take advantage of reduced bulk rates
(Rates are subject to change)
· You must have at least 200 pieces to take advantage of this price
· The letters should not be time sensitive
· Must be identical (size, shape, weight)
· We can Print the addresses on the envelopes and insert your mailing
· A 3-day turnaround is generally expected for a school-wide mail out to arrive at the post office after
you have given us your information
Examples of Bulk Mail: Flyers, Newsletters, Bulletins, General Letter to Parents/students.
Ineligible Bulk Mail: Test scores, account balances, products, advertising and Personal able letters.
Postage Rate Change Effective on January 24, 2021.
Please be aware that there has been a USPS postage rate change. Meter rate increases 1 cent (still a 4 cent savings, and a 7% savings off retail).
The previous rate was .50 cents. The rate will go up .51 cents up to 1 oz.
Letters 2 oz and up will see a 5 cent increase per extra oz.
Shipping services price increases vary by product.