Announcements and Information
Update on Coronavirus (COVID -19)
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for information regarding the Coronavirus. At this time, there is no potential threat to the Spring ISD area.
The symptoms of inlfuenza and Coronavirus symptoms are very similar (fever, body aches, coughing and generally feeling bad). If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you may need to seek medical attention. The doctor can do a simple test to get the proper diagnosis and treatment.
We are in daily contact with the CDC and Harris County Public Health. We will keep you updated as more information becomes available. In the meantime, continue to wash your hands frequently, keep your hands away from your face, cover your coughs and sneezes and limit exposure to family members and others who may be ill.
If you feel ill or have concerns, you may want to contact your healthcare provider.
Families should visit the CDC website for additional information and updates on COVID-19.
Currently there is no vaccine for the Coronavirus (COVID -19) however, the CDC is working on developing one. Below are some preventative measures you can take to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Wash hands often for 2 minutes (which is equivalent to singing happy birthday twice)
- Use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not available
- Do not touch your face. Eyes, nose, and mouth are portals for the virus to be transmitted
- If you have a fever of 100.5 or over please contact your health care provider for guidance
- If you feel ill or have a fever, cough, or general upper respiratory systems stay home and away from others
Disease Control Measures
Harris County Public Health
Telephone: (713) 439-6000
Fax: (713) 439-6306
Houston Department of Health and Human Services
Telephone: (832) 393-5080 24 hr
Fax: (832) 393-5232
Texas Department of State Health Services
Telephone: (713) 767-3000
Fax: (713) 767-3006