About Spring ISD Athletics
The Spring ISD athletic program provides more than competition between two individuals and/or two schools. It exists to teach fair play, sportsmanship, understanding and appreciation of teamwork. The appreciation of commitment, discipline and hard work means eventual success. Our goal is for all students to discover the true meaning of winning is doing one’s best and we will make every effort to accomplish this general objective as outlined below.
- Maintain and improve the image of school athletics.
- Strive always for playing excellence that will produce success.
- Instill good habits, sound morals, exemplary citizenship, school pride, self-confidence and a high standard of sportsmanship in the students of Spring ISD.
- Encourage students to grow physically, mentally, morally and socially.
- Develop all programs in such a manner that the end result will be one of unity, harmony and success.
- Encourage mass participation whenever possible.
- Instill in all athletes the desire to represent their school and community in a manner that will make parents, administrators, teachers and other citizens proud.
- Emphasize to athletes, at all levels of competition, the realization that athletic competition is a privilege that carries definite responsibilities with it. Some of these responsibilities are eligibility, training, grooming, loyalty, improvement, courage and perseverance.
- Create in all students a greater interest in the value of education.
- Conduct a successful interscholastic athletic program and have as an objective to be the most successful in the state