Spring Independent School District
Credit by Examination (CBE) for Acceleration & Credit Recovery
Grades 1 – 12 General Guidelines
Exams for Acceleration (EA) and Exams for Credit Recovery (CR) will be conducted in September, February, June, and July. General guidelines for testing are included in the current year Spring ISD High School and Middle School Program of Studies. Examination for Acceleration (EA) are given to students that have not had any prior instruction in a given course or subject and Credit by Exam for Credit Recovery (CR) are given to students that have had prior instruction in a given course or subject.
- LOTE CBE September 26- 30, 2022 (Application Deadline 8/26/22 external, 8/31/22 internal)
- Non-LOTE CBE September 26- 30, 2022 (Application Deadline 8/26/22 external, 8/31/22)
- LOTE CBE February 6-10, 2023 (Application Deadline 1/13/23 external, 1/18/23 internal)
- Non-LOTE CBE February 6-10, 2023 (Application Deadline 1/13/23 external, 1/18/23 internal)
- LOTE CBE June 15 & 16 and July 21 & 22, 2023 (Application Deadline 5/12/23 external, 5/17/23 internal)
- Non-LOTE CBE June 15 & 16 and July 21 & 22, 2023 (Application Deadline 5/12/23 external, 5/17/23 internal)
Students may not test in any course in which they are currently enrolled. Students may not test in any course tied to a STAAR End-of-Course (EOC) examination.
- A student is only permitted two attempts at earning credit through examination in a given subject and may not make any attempt after the time he would ordinarily be enrolled in the course.
- Students seeking credit recovery for a course must score 70% or above. Students must score 80% or above to obtain initial credit.
- Students must submit the completed application form to their counselor, including parent signature by the deadline. The student’s counselor will review the application to ensure that he/she meets all the stated criteria for initial credit or credit recovery.
- Grade reports will be communicated to the school counselor.
- There will be no make-up sessions for any CBE. All tests will be administered on the assigned date. If a problem does arise, please contact your counselor or campus CBE Coordinator immediately.
- Study guides can be found on the SISD website at: /site/Default.aspx?PageID=1148
- All students will need to have some form of picture ID when they check-in for the CBE assessment.
- Art I CBE - A portfolio must be submitted at the time of examination. See Part 5 or Art 1 Study Guide.
- There is no fee for Credit by Exam testing.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact your school counselor.