Credit By Examination by Grade Level Acceleration
Exams for Acceleration (EA) offer students in grades 1-8 the opportunity to advance a grade level. Students who successfully complete all four course exams may advance one full grade level. Students testing in the fall are eligible to be placed immediately into the next grade level, while those testing in the spring or summer will be eligible the following school year.
- Students must submit the completed application form, including parent signature to his/her Counselor by the stated deadline on the Grade Acceleration Application. Grade reports will be mailed to the parent at the address on the application form.
- Parents are required to complete and return a Parent Checklist for Grade Acceleration to their child's campus counselor.
- Test sequence for acceleration:
- Grade Level Math
- Grade Level Social Studies
- Grade Level Science
- Grade Level Language Arts
- Students must achieve an 80% in math to continue the Credit by Exam process.
- If a student does not achieve an 80% in ALL four content areas, the student is not eligible for grade advancement.
- All study guides and instructional materials will be available on the Spring ISD website. .
- There will be no make-up sessions for any Grade Acceleration Examination. All tests will be administered on the assigned date.
- Tests and scoring are provided by University of Texas.
- There is no fee for Grade Acceleration Examinations.
- For additional information please contact your school counselor.