The mission of the Advisory Board is to Advise, assist and support our students with the opportunity to acquire challenging academic and technical skills; thus, preparing them for high-skilled, high-wage, and high-priority occupations of a competitive 21st-century global economy. We stand committed to our goal, mission, and vision to produce well qualified, highly - trained, and industry certified students whom will go on to fill the demands of business and industry for the people of Spring, Houston as well as The Great State of Texas.
It is imperative that education, business, industry, and community members communicate in order that Career and Technical Education can perform the function for which it was designed. The Advisory Board provides development and financial support to prepare our students with both the academic and technical knowledge needed to be successful in college and career. The Advisory Board is committed to excellence for all of our students.
The goals of the board are to:
- Advise the District in both long and short-range planning for Career and Technical Education programs.
- Advise the District of current job needs and of the relevance of Career and Technical Education programs and courses offered by the district.
- Provide a forum for recommending equipment and training so that Career and Technical Education can adequately meet it's goals.
- To encourage students to continue their education and preparation for a career beyond the high school level by providing scholarships for outstanding students.
- Enhance political and community support of vocational education.