What is the role of the Advisory Committee on Education (ACE)?
The ACE committee of elected teachers and nonteaching professionals and selected parent, community, and business representatives shall be established annually by June 1 to participate in establishing and reviewing educational goals and objectives of the District and Districtwide classroom instructional programs.
The committee shall:
1. Make recommendations concerning the Five-Year Strategic Plan, which serves as the District improvement plan;
2. Make recommendations concerning Districtwide classroom instructional programs;
3. Provide comments regarding the Student Code of Conduct;
4. Provide comments regarding District policy and procedures ensuring that systematic communications measures are in place to periodically obtain broad-based community, parent, and staff input and to provide information to those persons regarding the recommendations of the committee;
5. Provide comments regarding any proposed waiver of or exemption from a state statute or state Board rule relevant to the District as a whole prior to consideration by the Board;
6. Participate in developing the local teacher and administrator appraisal process and performance criteria;
7. Provide for campus-level input for professional learning activities that support the District’s vision, mission, and goals;
8. Participate in the development of the administrative procedure that defines the respective roles and responsibilities pertaining to planning and decision making at the District and campus levels;
9. Be involved in the consideration of any other subjects deemed appropriate by the Superintendent; and
10. Develop criteria for and participate in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the committee.
The superintendent shall regularly consult the district-level committee in the planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of the district educational program. Education Code 11.252(f).
17125 Ella Blvd.
Houston, TX 77090
Chief of Innovation and Equity