Information about services available to your child following his/her graduation from high school can be found at these links:
For more information contact:
Transition and Family Engagement Coordinator
Spring Independent School District
Gordon M. Anderson Leadership Center
16717 Ella Blvd, Houston, TX 77090
Transition services are intended to prepare students to move from the world of school to the world of
Transition planning considers students’:
Transition addresses the following areas:
• Independent Living Skills
• Community Participation
When does Transition planning begin?
• Transition planning is mandated by state and federal law that each student in Special Education
will have transition prior to their 14th birthday.
• Spring ISD provides transition inventories, check lists, Career Cruising Plans, and ESTR assessment
to identify student’s strengths, preferences, interests and needs.
Why is Transition important?
• Once a student exits the school system, all services are based on eligibility instead of
entitlement (as are school services).
• All services must be put in place by family, student and school staff to avoid a student from
having a lack of opportunity to learn or work.