School is a place of business where learning takes place. Dress code regulations will provide appropriate standards for the general appearance of students, foster good physical and mental health, and encourage students in appropriate dress habits. Parents should adhere to all SISD dress code regulations provided in the district handbook.
- Students should be neat, clean, and wear appropriate shoes (no flip-flops, no shoes with wheels, or shoes without backs).
- Student shorts should be knee-length and be worn at the waist.
- Baggy, sagging, oversized pants are not allowed.
- Tank tops are not allowed.
- Tights are allowed as long as the student wears shorts or a skirt over them (the shorts or skirt should also be to the knee).
- Students are not allowed to wear hats in the building or on the bus.
- Student’s hair should be neat, clean.
- Hair color that is not natural is prohibited.
- Chains, earrings, and jewelry are not allowed and may become a safety issue in the gym and on the playground.
Students arriving at school with inappropriate clothing, hair color or accessories will be sent to the nurse (at the discretion of the teacher or an administrator) to call home so that an alternative can be arranged.