CTE Teacher Dr. Karen Bryant:
The Practicum in Health Science II students of Westfield High School coordinated and hosted the “Shattered Dreams” program with Harris Health System. Click here to read more!
CTE Teacher: Marcus Ford
Three of Mr. Ford CTE students won campus level CTE Career Awareness Project. Two students went on to win district.
CTE Teacher: Raechel Friedman
Jolynn Saenz, an Advanced Culinary Arts senior, has been accepted to the Culinary Institute of America.
Advanced Culinary Arts students competed in the Culinary Institute of LeNotre’s Chopped Competition – received certificates for participating and working as a team.
CTE Teacher: Donna Royston
Several CTE students in the Medical Career Pathway Practicum will be receiving their CPR certifications.
CTE Teacher: Erick Martin
Several of Mr. Martin's students will be competing in the 2019 Project Lead The Way Engineering Competition:
- Jason Tran
- Emily Garcia
- Andy Ly
- Brandon Lam
- Justino Guerrero
- Nathan Quijano
- Danielle Alabi
- Benjamin Sayer
- Marlin Castro
- Kevin Tran
- Tien Ly
- Alejandra Yepiz
Portfolios are due April 19, 2019, and they will be judged in May. Please wish these students luck!
CTE Teacher: Deandra Cooper
Our TAFE ( Texas Association of Future Educators) chapter competed at the 35th Annual Teach Tomorrow Summit in Allen, Texas on February 28th among 2,500 high school students from across the state. We competed in 14 individual and team contest and competitions. 7 of the those were State Contest where the highest award rewarded is a BLUE RIBBON. ALL 7 contest won the Blue Ribbon. We also have 1 student advancing to the National competition this summer for the first time in our chapter's history. The national qualifiers are the top 5 contestants in their category.
The winners are as follows:
- Neemekh Mudvari- Public Speaking (National Qualifier)
- Carolina Reyes- Teacher Created Materials-Elementary (Blue Ribbon)
- Leslie Hernandez- Teacher Created Materials-Elementary (Blue Ribbon)
- Ariel Royster & Jordan Abraham- Teacher Created Materials (Blue Ribbon)
- Ariel Royster & Jordan Abraham- Project Visualize- Recreation (Blue Ribbon)
- Chassidy Tillman & Keyla Hernandez- Project Visualize- Appreciation (Blue Ribbon)
- Paris Smith & TerraShae Anderson- Interactive Bulletin Board- Secondary (Blue Ribbon)
- Vanessa Benitez, TerraShae Anderson and Diamond Dillon- Chapter Scrapbook (Blue Ribbon)
We have a few honorable mentions:
- Carolina Reyes, Leslie Hernandez, Jose Alarcon, Aryella Kaldias & Cristi Escobar- Breakout Session
- Carol Hernandez- Children's Literature K-3
- Chassidy Tillman- Differentiated Lesson
- Alyssa Flores- Impromptu Lesson Plan
- Asma Siddiq- Exploring Non-Core Subject Careers
Please help me in congratulating not only the winners but all those who participated.