Carl Wunsche Sr. High School
Carl Wunsche Sr. High School is a Career Academy for students in grades 9-12. The innovative campus is designed around three towers:
All students participate in four years of advanced academics that include AP and dual-credit coursework with a senior capstone project presented before the school’s industry partners. In the near future, we will also offer an opportunity for students to graduate with an Associates Degree. Students are able to compete in UIL Academics and in other events on their zoned campus, as appropriate. In addition, the school does have many student-led clubs and social activities based on various traditions that are unique to the student life of the campus.
The overall goal of Wunsche is to develop citizens who are well prepared for their future, whether students choose to enter the workforce directly or move on to higher education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to apply to Carl Wunsche Sr. High School?
Does Wunsche offer athletics and fine arts programs?
Will a student be able to change his or her career pathway once admitted to Carl Wunsche Sr. High School?
Will Wunsche provide senior activities, such as prom and homecoming?
How do we know which courses will be offered during either the first or last period of the day at each zoned campus?
What happens if the extracurricular class a student participates in is not offered at the first or last period of the day? What happens if it changes from one of those periods in the coming years?
From which campus will Carl Wunsche Sr. High School students graduate?
Will students be considered for more than one pathway?
If a student is selected in the lottery, can he or she later choose to return to their zoned campus?
How does the sibling and district employee lottery work?
If my child has a *sibling that currently attends a Spring ISD School of Choice, does my 5th or 8th grade child receive automatic acceptance?
I am a district employee and my child would like to attend a Spring ISD School of Choice. Is there automatic acceptance?
900 Wunsche Loop
Spring, TX 77373
Online Application Open
Oct. 31 , 2022- Jan. 6, 2023
Nov. - Feb 2023
Feb. 24, 2023
Parent Response Deadline
March 10, 2023UPCOMING EVENTS
Learn more about each school's specialty programs with live student performances and demonstrations for interested parents and prospective students.
- Nov. 5 - Spring Early College Academy (10:00-1:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 9 - Spring Leadership Academy (6:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 9 - Dekaney P-TECH HS (6:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 15 - School for Int. Studies at Bammel (6:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 15 - Springwoods Village MS (6:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 15 - Wunsche HS (5:30 p.m.)
- Nov. 16 - Roberson MS (6:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 16 - Momentum HS (6:00 p.m. @ Spring Leadership Academy)
Parents must contact the campus for specific tour dates and times to schedule a tour.
- Nov. 14 - Dec. 2
Assistance with Online Application
Spring ISD parents will receive assistance with the online application. All sessions will be conducted in English and Spanish.
- Dec. 5th: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. (FACE, 17125 Ella Blvd.)
- Dec. 14th: 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (TeachUp, 15651 North Fwy, 77090)
School-Based Held Virtually by Individual Campuses
- Spring Leadership Academy:
- Dec. 7th: 5:00-6:30 pm
- Dec. 13th: 10:00-11:30 am
- Spring Early College Academy:
- Dec. 13th: 9:00-11:00 am, 5:00-7:00 pm
- Wunsche HS:
- Dec. 6th: 9:00-10:00 am
- Dec.14th: 5:30-6:30 pm
- Roberson MS:
- Dec. 8th: 5:00-7:00 pm
- Dec. 14th: 9:00-11:00 am
- Dekaney P-TECH HS:
- Nov. 29th: 9:00-11:00 am
- Dec. 13th: 5:00-7:00 pm.
- School for Int. Studies at Bammel:
- Dec. 6th: 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Dec. 13th: 4:30-6:30 pm
- Momentum HS:
- Dec. 7th: 9:00-11:00 am, 6:00-8:00 pm
- Springwoods Village MS: TBD