Athletics COVID-19 Guidelines
Spring ISD Athletics is pleased to announce the return of our student-athletes to campus training.
Because the health and safety of our staff and student-athletes is our number one priority, a team of SISD District administrators, licensed Athletic Trainers and Campus Coordinators has developed a comprehensive plan based on guidance from the University Interscholastic League and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
In order to prevent and reduce exposures to COVID-19, the following protocols are in place as student athletes and staff begin participation for the 2020-2021 seasons:
Athletic facilities will be disinfected and sanitized per industry guidelines, before, during and after use. Emphasis will be given to ensuring disinfecting high-touch surfaces.
Enhanced cleaning in specific athletic facilities will take place when there is a confirmed COVID-19 positive test, per CDC and industry guidelines.
- Each coach will be COVID certified through the Campus Athletic Office.
- Each campus has a supply of thermometers, oximeters, gaiters, misters and face shields
- Each coach will self-assess for COVID daily.
- Each coach will wear a mask and gloves.
- Each coach will wash their hands frequently.
- Each coach will social distance accordingly.
- Each athlete is required to have a physical.
- Each athlete will be issued a gaiter from the Campus Athletic Office.
- Each athlete will receive daily COVID screening before arriving.
- Each athlete will receive a specific COVID orientation for their sport and campus.
- Each student will wear a mask.
- Each athlete will social distance accordingly.
- Each athlete will enter and exit the campus facility as scheduled.
- Each campus Coordinator will ensure every staff member is COVID-certified.
- Each Campus Coordinator will provide PPE’s for all staff members.
- Each Campus Coordinator will provide written policies and procedures.
- Each Campus Coordinator will ensure all safety procedures are followed.
- Each Campus Coordinator will ensure accurate attendance records are kept.
- Each Campus Coordinator is responsible for student grouping assignments.
- Each Campus Coordinator will work closely with the building custodial staff to ensure cleaning and sanitation protocols are followed.