Dekaney High School
The Pathways in Technology Early College High (P-TECH) at Dekaney High School made its debut during the 2021-22 school year with its first cohort of 9th-grade students.
Through a partnership with Lone Star College - North Harris, the program is designed to lead to both a high school diploma and an Associate of Science Degree with licenses in computer programming and animation.
The goal is to prepare students for higher education opportunities, as well as employment, through internships and hands-on experiences.
Key areas of study include:
- Computer Programming and coding
The program will give preference to students zoned to Dekaney High School but is also open to other students as space allows.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is P-TECH?
Why should I apply for Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH)?
Who can apply for P-TECH?
Will students who are not zoned to Dekaney be eligible for the P-TECH Program?
Will transportation be provided to students who are out of zone?
What are the admissions requirements for the program? Will there be an interview?
If accepted into P-TECH, will my student also be able to take AP classes and participate in other activities at Dekaney?
When does a student start taking college level courses?
If I’m a district employee and my student would like to attend the Dekaney P-Tech program, is there automatic acceptance?
22351 Imperial Valley Dr.
Houston, Texas 77073
Online Application Open
Oct. 30 , 2023- Jan. 5, 2024
Nov. 2023 - Feb. 2024
Feb. 16, 2024
Parent Response Deadline
Feb. 29, 2024UPCOMING EVENTS
Learn more about each school's specialty programs with live student performances and demonstrations for interested parents and prospective students.
- Nov. 13 @ 6 pm - School for Intl. Studies at Bammel
- Nov. 14 @ 5:30 pm - Springwoods Village MS
- Nov. 14 @ 6 pm - Wunsche HS
- Nov. 15 @ 6 pm - Spring HS (9th Grade Center)
- Nov. 16 @ 5:30 pm - Spring Early College Academy (Academic Building A126, Lonestar Campus)
- Nov. 16 @ 6 pm - Roberson MS (Star Theatre using the Bammel St. Entrance)
- Nov. 29 @ 6 pm - Dekaney P-TECH
- Nov. 30 @ 6 pm - Momentum HS
- Nov. 30 @ 5:30 pm - Spring Leadership Academy
Each campus will offer parents an opportunity to tour the campus. Parents must contact the campus for specific tour dates and times to schedule a tour.
- Nov. 13 - Dec. 4
Assistance with Online Application
Spring ISD parents will receive assistance with the online application. All sessions will be conducted in English and Spanish.
- Dec. 4: 8-10 am (CEC, 17125 Ella Blvd.)
- Dec. 13: 5-7 pm (CEC, 17125 Ella Blvd.)
Virtual by Each Campus
Virtual links to the parent assistance sessions will be available on the school of choice campus websites closer to the designated date.
- Dec. 4 @ 8:30 am - Momentum HS
- Dec. 5 @ 9:15 am - School for Intl. Studies at Bammel
- Dec. 5 @ 5:00 pm - School for Intl. Studies at Bammel
- Dec. 6 @ 8:30 am - Dekaney P-TECH
- Dec. 6 @ 8:30 am - Spring Early College Academy
- Dec. 6 @ 10:00 am - Wunsche HS
- Dec. 7 @ 5 pm - Roberson MS
- Dec. 7 @ 11 am - Spring Leadership Academy
- Dec. 7 @ 5 pm - Spring Leadership Academy
- Dec. 8 @ 12:30 pm - Springwoods Village MS
- Dec. 8 @ 5:30 pm - Springwoods Village MS
- Dec. 8 @ 8:30 am - Spring HS
- Dec. 14 @ 9 am - Roberson MS