Visitor Protocols for COVID-19
Upon learning that a visitor has a confirmed case of COVID-19, immediately notify the Spring ISD Nursing by email. Nursing will report the confirmed case to the appropriate county health department.
Symptoms of COVID-19 Without a Positive Test
- Upon learning that a visitor is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, Emergency Management and School Safety will direct that the visitor waits in their car until the nurse can determine if the symptoms are likely to be COVID-19. If the visitor refuses, the visitor must leave the campus immediately.
- If the nurse determines the visitor’s symptoms meet the criteria for symptoms likely to be COVID-19, the nurse must immediately notify Emergency Management and School Safety. If the visitor’s symptoms do not meet the criteria for symptoms likely to be COVID-19, the visitor must leave the campus immediately.
Emergency Management and School Safety will document the visitor’s name to ensure the visitor does not return to a Spring ISD facility during the quarantine period.
If the visitor is a parent, Emergency Management and School Safety will contact any other campus in which any other students of the visitor are enrolled to inform them of the need to exclude the visitor from Spring ISD facilities.
If the campus is notified that a visitor who previously reported only symptoms, but had not yet tested positive, has now received a positive test result, the campus will notify Spring ISD Nursing. Nursing will report the confirmed case to the appropriate county health department.
Signs and Symptoms
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body-aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Signs of COVID-19 that Constitute a Medical Emergency
If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish or darker colored lips or face