School for International Studies at Bammel
The School for International Studies at Bammel currently serves students in a dual language program in grades pre-Kindergarten through third grade, with the plan of growing one grade level per year through fifth grade, while continuing to serve students in grades 6 - 8.
World languages and global culture across the campus will be emphasized through three to five languages being offered in grades 6-8. Students will have an opportunity to explore Spanish, French, and Mandarin languages, to name a few.
The focus on global citizenship and cultures will allow students the opportunity to focus on globally significant issues through core courses and electives, project-based learning opportunities across content areas, guest presenters, and other uniquely-relevant cultural experiences offered to the students.
This school-wide specialty program is available through the School Choice application and lottery process for prospective pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students who are interested in the dual language program, beginning in the 2022-2023 school year. SISB welcomes its zoned middle school students and does not require an application through the School Choice process for students in grades 6-8.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many spots are available for the pre-kindergarten and kindergarten classrooms?
What type of Dual Language program is implemented at the School for International Studies at Bammel?
What does a two way dual language program mean?
Can a student in 2nd or 3rd grade be enrolled in the SISB dual language program?
What percentage of the instructional day is taught in Spanish?
What are the benefits of being enrolled in a two way dual language program?
Who qualifies to be enrolled in the SISB two way dual language program?
Once in the program, what are the requirements to remain in the program?
Will transportation be provided to students of SISB?
What type of interaction do the primary students and the secondary students have?
What classes do primary students participate in?
Does SISB have a PTO?
What time does school start for the primary portion of the school?
What safety protocols are in place at SISB?
16711 Ella Blvd.
Houston, TX 77090
Online Application Open
Oct. 31 , 2022- Jan. 6, 2023
Nov. - Feb 2023
Feb. 24, 2023
Parent Response Deadline
March 10, 2023UPCOMING EVENTS
Learn more about each school's specialty programs with live student performances and demonstrations for interested parents and prospective students.
- Nov. 5 - Spring Early College Academy (10:00-1:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 9 - Spring Leadership Academy (6:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 9 - Dekaney P-TECH HS (6:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 15 - School for Int. Studies at Bammel (6:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 15 - Springwoods Village MS (6:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 15 - Wunsche HS (5:30 p.m.)
- Nov. 16 - Roberson MS (6:00 p.m.)
- Nov. 16 - Momentum HS (6:00 p.m. @ Spring Leadership Academy)
Parents must contact the campus for specific tour dates and times to schedule a tour.
- Nov. 14 - Dec. 2
Assistance with Online Application
Spring ISD parents will receive assistance with the online application. All sessions will be conducted in English and Spanish.
- Dec. 5th: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. (FACE, 17125 Ella Blvd.)
- Dec. 14th: 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. (TeachUp, 15651 North Fwy, 77090)
School-Based Held Virtually by Individual Campuses
- Spring Leadership Academy:
- Dec. 7th: 5:00-6:30 pm
- Dec. 13th: 10:00-11:30 am
- Spring Early College Academy:
- Dec. 13th: 9:00-11:00 am, 5:00-7:00 pm
- Wunsche HS:
- Dec. 6th: 9:00-10:00 am
- Dec.14th: 5:30-6:30 pm
- Roberson MS:
- Dec. 8th: 5:00-7:00 pm
- Dec. 14th: 9:00-11:00 am
- Dekaney P-TECH HS:
- Nov. 29th: 9:00-11:00 am
- Dec. 13th: 5:00-7:00 pm.
- School for Int. Studies at Bammel:
- Dec. 6th: 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Dec. 13th: 4:30-6:30 pm
- Momentum HS:
- Dec. 7th: 9:00-11:00 am, 6:00-8:00 pm
- Springwoods Village MS: Dec. 9th: 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. & 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.