Spring ISD is proud of its strong Dance programs. Our Dance programs have earned numerous distinctions and awards for excellence and are recognized throughout the state and nationally as highly effective programs. Dance in Spring ISD is a program of curricular study in the art of dance and provides students with opportunities to develop their skills and work toward mastery in dance. Our dance programs are a vibrant part of our schools and the community. Spring ISD offers Dance as a fully curricular academic enrichment course. The curriculum is aligned to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills.
Middle School Dance
- In our district, students typically begin their dance education in middle school (where offered) and continue with a continuous and sequential dance experience through high school and beyond. By joining dance at an early age, students position themselves to develop their knowledge and skills in dance and in the study of healthy living.
- Performances in middle school may include fall, winter, and spring shows, along with the Spring ISD Winter Collaborative and SpringFest. Our dance companies typically perform at a number of campus and district special events, as well as occasional performances around the community.
High School Dance
- In high school, a team approach is taken to the study of dance. Students have the opportunity to participate on highly spirited and competitive dance teams.
- Each campus offers a variety of dance courses. Our dance students are encouraged to study and develop techniques and skills in dance performance as well as choreography.
- Performances in high school may include fall, winter, and spring shows, along with the Spring ISD Winter Collaborative and SpringFest. Our dance companies typically perform at a number of campus and district special events, as well as occasional performances around the community.
- High school dance teams perform at football games, as well as various festivals, events, and competitions across the area, region, and state.