How to Talk to Others About Gun Safety
Ways to Safely Store Guns (Devices)
You can also find the resources listed above, additional information, and Texas firearm statistics at https://safegunstoragetexas.com.
Safety Tips for Students and Parents
Student safety is a top priority for Spring ISD and should be a priority for every family as children return to classrooms this fall. It is important for parents to stay up-to-date on the proper safety precautions and share this information with their children to keep them safe throughout the school year.
Whether children walk, ride their bicycle or take the bus to school, it is extremely important that they take proper safety precautions. Here are some tips you can share with your child to make sure he or she safely travels to school.
- Walk on the sidewalk, if one is available.
- Before you cross the street, stop and look both ways for traffic.
- Cross at the intersection at a traffic light or stop sign in the cross walk or with a crossing guard.
- When on a street with no sidewalk, walk facing the traffic.
- Never dart out in front of a parked vehicle.
- Parents, please practice walking to school with your child.
- Bicycle riders should ride on the right side of the road and in a single file.
- Parents, please require your child to wear a helmet.
- Bicycle riders should cross at an intersection, traffic light, in the cross walk or with a crossing guard.
- Bicycle riders are encouraged to walk with their bicycle when crossing at an intersection or street.
- Parents, please go to the bus stop with your child to teach them the proper way to get on and off the bus.
- Make sure your children stand six feet away from the curb.
- Parents, please discuss the bus riding rules with your child.
- If you and your child need to cross the street in front of the bus, walk on the side of the road until you are at least 12 feet ahead of the bus. You always should be able to see the bus driver, and the bus driver always should be able to see you.