Spring ISD is committed to working cooperatively with the news media. It is the role of the Communications Office to assist schools in contacting media representatives related to campus news, events and activities, preparing for an on-site visit and responding to news outlet inquiries.
- All media inquiries should be directed to the Communications Office, including those sent via email. Exceptions include routine athletic and/or extracurricular activity news coverage during games, tournaments and/or performances open to the general public and conducted outside the normal school day.
- The Communications Office should be contacted immediately when a representative of the media requests to visit a campus or arrives at a campus or district facility without prior approval. If a member of the media is on site without prior approval, he/she should be asked nicely to leave. Please contact the Communications Office at 281-891-6021.
- A member of the media may interview staff or students during the school day with prior approval from the Communications Office. Media representatives may be allowed access to a classroom only at the discretion of the Communications Office, and only if the campus principal, classroom teacher and/or appropriate staff member(s) have been notified and have agreed that it will not be disruptive to the learning environment. The taking of photographs, audio or video is at the discretion of the Communications Office.
- Prior to any media visit, appropriate time must be given to district administrators to verify student privacy preferences and provide appropriate notification to the campus and building administrators.
- Spring ISD strictly enforces student privacy preferences and release of student information as outlined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- The Superintendent or designee shall be the official spokesperson for Spring ISD.
Communications Office Media Contacts
Director of Communications
Assistant Superintendent, Communications
View an index to all press releases from Spring ISD.
All photos available, no password needed.
Spring ISD Logos and Seals