Bond 2016 Overview
In November 2016, voters approved a $330 million to address longstanding facility, technology and safety and security needs of Spring Independent School District. The five-year bond project kicked off immediately and work across the district will continue through 2021.
The bond package is designed to, address secondary campus capacity issues; expand full-day prekindergarten programs; replace outdated facilities; enhance 21st century learning opportunities; improve campus safety and security systems and expand bus service to a 1-mile radius.
- Three ninth-grade centers
- Two middle schools
- Building maintenance projects across the district to ensure comfortable and safe school environments
- Elementary renovation projects across the district to support expanded full-day prekindergarten programs
- A new police command center to serve the entire district
- A replacement stadium to serve the entire district
- Improved connectivity, enhanced infrastructure and a new telephone system
- Instructional and classroom technology to expand 21st century learning opportunities
- Implementation of improved campus safety and security features and systems
- Buses to replace aging vehicles and expand bus service to a 1-mile radius