To empower our students to think, create, discover, problem solve, and to be their personal best, now and in the future.
Hirsch Elementary will be known for creating and nurturing a culture of learning in order to produce innovative citizens of our global community
- We believe we must prepare students to confront new challenges in the areas of education, family, citizenship and career.
- We believe student success is dependent upon the shared responsibility of the student, family, community and school.
- We believe all students should be self motivated, respectful, and demonstrate integrity with compassion for self and others.
- We believe the teacher should facilitate an innovative and highly diverse learning environment to meet the unique needs and interests of all students.
- We believe all students can learn when provided with a meaningful, safe, engaging environment that promotes communication, collaboration, problem solving and professional ethics.
The Hirsch CommitmentHirsch Elementary is committed to the goal of creating a school that is dedicated to successful student achievement at a high level. In order to achieve this goal, there must be a partnership between the parents/guardians, students, teachers and administrators of our school.
Parent’s/Guardian’s CommitmentIn order for my child to learn, I fully commit to my child’s education in the following ways:
- We will be responsible for the behavior and actions of our child.
- We will praise our child for his/her effort.
- We will ensure that our child arrives on time and is in school all day every day.
- We will make ourselves available to our children and/or the school and address any concerns they may have.
- We will provide Hirsch Elementary with current phone numbers and will immediately update numbers if they change.
- We will discuss our child’s homework with him/her each evening. We will also review skills being taught in the classroom.
- We will carefully read all correspondence sent home from school and will also sign and return any tests, forms or other papers as requested.
- We understand that our child must follow the procedures at Hirsch to protect the safety, interests and rights of all individuals.
Student’s CommitmentIn order to learn, I fully commit to my education in the following ways:
- I will show respect for myself and others.
- I am responsible for my own behavior.
- I will arrive at school on time. I will do whatever it takes to learn.
- I will always work, think and behave in the best way possible.
- I will complete all my homework every night.
- I will raise my hand and ask questions if I do not understand something in class.
- If I make a mistake, I will tell the truth and accept personal responsibility for my actions.
- I will always strive to play fair and show good sportsmanship by celebrating the success of others.
- I will always behave in a respectful manner that protects the safety, interests and rights of every individual at Hirsch.
Teacher's CommitmentIn order for my students to learn, I fully commit to my students’ education in the following ways:
- I will celebrate my student for his/her effort on a daily basis.
- I will provide engaging lessons based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
- I will keep in close contact with parents.
- I will make myself available to parents by having open communication.
- I will build relationships with parents and students.
- I will work with students, parents, administrators, counselors and any available personnel to help each child reach his/her maximum potential.
- I will always protect the safety, interests and rights of all individuals at Hirsch.
- In addition to the core academic teachers, all other teaching staff fully support this commitment.
Administrator's CommitmentIn order for students to learn, I fully commit to the education of all students in the following ways:
- I will celebrate the achievements of students, staff, and community.
- I will do whatever it takes to provide a quality education for all students.
- I will do whatever it takes to provide a learning environment that supports student success
- I will foster and nurture relationships that will promote mutual trust and respect for students, parents and staff.
- I will ensure that engaging lessons are developed and taught to promote higher level learning for all students.
- I will provide staff development to ensure that professional growth is continual.
- I will provide an environment that encourages and welcomes participation and communication among parents, staff and students.
- I will always work to protect the safety, interests and rights of students, staff and parents.