Meyer Elementary School
Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year!
We are into the last 9 weeks of the 2018-2019 school year! Hopefully, our scholars experienced a relaxing Spring Break and are eager to return. We are thrilled to welcome all of you back as we continue learning and growing! Our goal is to continue building partnerships and relationships with our parents and scholars.
We are excited in directing our focus on fostering a “Love for Reading!” Scholars have numerous encounters with reading through visiting our Media Center weekly, daily Read Alouds in the classrooms, and other engaging literacy opportunities. We encourage scholars to read at every available moment. Avid readers exhibit both advanced literacy development and success across subjects. Please ensure that your child is reading at minimum 20 minutes a night. Also, please visit our Little Library located in the front of the campus – Take a book, Leave a book!
We are in the “Lift” year of EveryChild 2020— our theme “True GRIT” guides our focus on moving scholars to the next level of achievement with an emphasis on the learning environment being more engaging, creating relevant experiences and increasing rigor through high level questioning. Mustangs are Growing Resilient Inquisitive and Thoughtful.
All students participate in WIN Time (Whatever is Necessary) from 7:55 a.m.-8:40 a.m. daily. WIN Time is a school-wide intervention/enrichment block designed to provide support for some students and enhancement for others based on academic performance. Regardless of where your child is academically, we will provide differentiated instruction to better meet the needs of “ALL” students.
We are excited to offer before and after school care through Koala Kare!
Before school only
Opens at 6:30 am
$20 per week
After school only
Closes at 6:00 pm
$60 per week
Before and after school
6:30 am / 6:00 pm
$70 per week
Koala Kare is located on campus. Studentsare supervised by teachers and staff members hired through Koala Kare. To learn more about Koala Kare, visit http://www.koalakare-llc.com/home.html.
This year, meals will be provided at no charge thanks to the Community Eligibility Provision program. Please visit www.springisd.org/nutrition to view upcoming menus and learn more about the free meal program.
Breakfast in the classrooms is from 7:30-8:00 am daily. In order for students to receive breakfast, they must be in the building by 8:00am. Although breakfast will be served in the classroom, lunch will continue to be served in the cafeteria. Parents are welcome to eat lunch with students Monday-Friday except during testing periods.
It is my firm belief that all children can learn, but not all children learn in exactly the same way. As principal of Meyer Elementary, I am committed to using all the resources available to help your child not only meet the standard, but excel at their highest potential.
We are updating our website daily to keep you informed of upcoming events. We are currently looking for members to join Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO). If you are interested, please download the form from the website under PTO, fill it out, and return it to school with your child. The fee is only $5. The PTO consists of parents and teachers working together to support the efforts of Meyer Elementary. PTO helps out in the classroom and volunteers for various events. If you are interested in volunteering, please check the website for our calendar of events.
2018-2019 will be a successful year! We are looking forward to partnering with you to ensure that your child receives an exceptional education. Feel free to contact me or speak with me on campus. I enjoy getting to know all of our families. Thank you for all that you do to support Meyer Elementary and our scholars!
Meyer Elementary, Principal
April 4 - 3rd nine weeks Report Cards go home
April 5 - Student Holiday
April 9 - STAAR test: 4th grade writing and 5th grade math
April 10 - STAAR Test - 5th grade reading
April 16 - Pictures with the Easter bunny
April 19 - Spring Holiday
April 24 - College Shirt Day
April 29 - May 3 - Pre-Kindergarten Round Up
Uniforms must be worn daily
- Pre-kindergarten (morning session) - 7:45 - 11:15
- Pre-kindergarten (afternoon session) - 11:15 - 3:15
- Kindergarten - 5th grade 7:55 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
- Students can enter the building through the side doors and through the main entrance after 7:30 a.m. Staff members are not on duty until 7:30 a.m. To help us ensure the safety and supervision of our students, avoid leaving students before that time.
- Students arriving after 8:00 a.m. They will be considered late. Academics who arrive late must be accompanied by an adult and log in.
- All parents / visitors must report directly to the school office. The office staff will provide assistance. Must have a license or identification issued by the government to enter the building and / or withdraw the academics. As a general rule, always have your license or identification issued by the government when you visit the campus.
- During the dismissal, passengers traveling by car will be dismissed from the east side of the building. Please remain in your vehicles until the academics are dismissed. Each vehicle must have a car driver's label issued by the campus to identify students. The walkers will leave the west side of the school. Pre-K, Kindergarten and first grade walkers must have a chaperone with a label issued on campus to receive students. Daycare grantees will be dismissed through the east side doors once their daycare bus arrives. If you do not have the designated labels, you must go to the main office and present the government ID to receive your student.