Meyer Elementary School
Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year!
On behalf of the staff at Meyer Elementary, I would like to welcome you to the 2018-2019 school year! Hopefully, our scholars experienced a relaxing summer and are eager to return. We are thrilled to welcome all of you back to a new school year of learning and growing! Our goal is to continue building partnerships and relationships with our parents and scholars.
This year, we are excited to direct our focus on fostering a “Love for Reading!” Scholars will have numerous encounters with reading through visiting our Media Center weekly, daily Read Alouds in the classrooms, and other engaging literacy opportunities. We will encourage scholars to read at every available moment. Avid readers exhibit both advanced literacy development and success across subjects. Please ensure that your child is reading at minimum 20 minutes a night. Also, please visit our Little Library located in the front of the campus – Take a book, Leave a book!
As we start the “Lift” year of EveryChild 2020— our theme “True GRIT” will guide our focus on moving scholars to the next level of achievement with an emphasis on the learning environment being more engaging, creating relevant experiences and increasing rigor through high level questioning. Mustangs are Growing Resilient Inquisitive and Thoughtful.
All students will participate in WIN Time (Whatever is Necessary) from 7:55 a.m.-8:40 a.m. daily. WIN Time is a school-wide intervention/enrichment block designed to provide support for some students and enhancement for others based on academic performance. Regardless of where your child is academically, we will provide differentiated instruction to better meet the needs of “ALL” students.
We are excited to offer before and after school care through Koala Kare!
Before school only
Opens at 6:30 am
$20 per week
After school only
Closes at 6:00 pm
$60 per week
Before and after school
6:30 am / 6:00 pm
$70 per week
Koala Kare will be located on campus. Students will be supervised by teachers and staff members hired through Koala Kare. To learn more about Koala Kare, visit http://www.koalakare-llc.com/home.html.
This year, meals will be provided at no charge thanks to the Community Eligibility Provision program. Please visit www.springisd.org/nutrition to view upcoming menus and learn more about the free meal program.
Breakfast in the classrooms will continue from 7:30-8:00 am daily. In order for students to receive breakfast, they must be in the building by 8:00am. Although breakfast will be served in the classroom, lunch will continue to be served in the cafeteria. Parents are welcome to eat lunch with students Monday-Friday beginning August 27th.
It is my firm belief that all children can learn, but not all children learn in exactly the same way. As principal of Meyer Elementary, I am committed to using all the resources available to help your child not only meet the standard, but excel at their highest potential.
We are updating our website daily to keep you informed of upcoming events. We are currently looking for members to join Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO). If you are interested, please download the form from the website under PTO, fill it out, and return it to school with your child. The fee is only $5. The PTO consists of parents and teachers working together to support the efforts of Meyer Elementary. PTO helps out in the classroom and volunteers for various events. If you are interested in volunteering, please check the website for our calendar of events.
2018-2019 will be a successful year! We are looking forward to partnering with you to ensure that your child receives an exceptional education. Feel free to contact me or speak with me on campus. I enjoy getting to know all of our families. Thank you for all that you do to support Meyer Elementary and our scholars!
Meyer Elementary, Principal
August 6th-14th New Student Registration 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. &
1:00- 3:00 p.m. daily
August 10th Back 2 School Block Party 5:00-7:00
Please come out and enjoy games, food, and prizes!
August 13th Meet the Teacher 2:00-4:00
Please bring your family to meet the teacher, drop off school supplies and tour the school. We look forward to meeting you!
August 15th First Day of School
Parents are allowed to walk students to class on the first day of school!
- Uniforms are to be worn daily
- Pre-kindergarten (Morning session) - 7:45 – 11:15
- Pre-kindergarten (Afternoon session) – 11:15 – 3:15
- Kinder – 5th Grade 7:55 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Scholars may enter the building through the side doors & through the main entrance after 7:30 am. Staff members are not on duty until 7:30 am. To help us ensure the safety and supervision of our scholars, please refrain from dropping scholars off before that time.
- Scholars arriving after 8:00 a.m. will be considered tardy. Tardy scholars must be accompanied by an adult and signed in.
- All parents/visitors must report directly to the schools office. The office personnel will provide assistance. You must have a license or government issued ID to enter the building and/or check out scholars. As a rule of thumb, always have your license or government issued ID when you visit the campus.
- During dismissal, car riders will be dismissed from the east side of the building. Please remain in your vehicles until the scholars are dismissed. Each vehicle must have a car rider tag issued by campus to identify scholars. Walkers will be dismissed through the west side of the school. Pre—K, Kindergarten, and First grade walkers must have an escort with a campus issued tag to receive scholars. Daycare scholars will be dismissed through the east side doors once their daycare bus arrives. If you do not have the designated tags you must report to the front office and present your government ID to receive your scholar.