The Spring Virtual Academy is a program of choice and proudly serves all students from each high school in our district. We welcome students to experience learning through:
- Students are allowed to learn at their own pace anywhere anytime.
- Students are able to engage in offline activities and experiences.
- Students use the most recent technologies to learn and produce products.
- Students collaborate in large and small groups to discover learning.
- Students are engaged and immersed in the learning experience.
- Students are able to put knowledge into practice through serving others.
1. Have approval of home campus counselor.
2. Be independent self-motivated learners.
3. Have access to a computer with reliable internet access.
4. Meet attendance requirements as set forth by the district.
5. Commit to working in course at least 1 hour per day.
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DROP A VIRTUAL COURSE AFTER THE TENTH (10TH) CLASS DAY OF THE SEMESTER. AFTER THE TENTH DAY, YOU MUST REMAIN IN THE COURSE FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEMESTER.
An active, functional email address/account that will handle large file attachments.
What equipment will I need at my home to get started?
The following are the minimum hardware and software configurations required for Spring ISD Virtual School courses.
- Windows Computer: Pentium Processor and Windows 2000, XP, ME, or Vista
Macintosh Computer: Power PC Processor and System 8.5 or higher
- At least 256 MB RAM
- Color monitor (16 bit, 800 x 600 resolution)
- 8x or faster CD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse
- Direct network connection or high speed Internet access
- Sound card and speakers
- Hard disk with at least 40 MB available
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 10.0 or higher
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2003 or higher
- A printer is recommended and will enhance your experience in a Spring ISD Virtual School course
- Browser Plug-ins: *Latest version of Flash, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Sun Java JRE and 3D