The Spring ISD Virtual Learning Program is a program of choice and proudly serves all students from each high school in our district. We welcome students to experience learning through:
- Students are allowed to learn at their own pace anywhere anytime.
- Students learn according to their learning styles and produce products in the way that they like to express learning.
- Students are able to engage in offline activities and experiences.
- Students use the most recent technologies to learn and produce products.
- Students collaborate in large and small groups to discover learning.
- Students experience learning from the brightest minds across or city, state, nation.
- Students choose to express learning based on their career interest.
- Students are engaged and immersed in the learning experience.
- Students are able to put knowledge into practice through serving others.
1. Have approval of home campus counselor.
2. Be independent self-motivated learners.
3. Have access to a computer with reliable internet access.
4. Meet attendance requirements as set forth by the district.
5. Commit to working in course at least 1 hour per day.
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DROP A VIRTUAL COURSE ONCE THE SEMESTER/SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS. YOU MUST REMAIN IN THE VIRTUAL COURSE FOR AT LEAST A SEMESTER OR A FAILING GRADE WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR TRANSCRIPT.
An active, functional email address/account that will handle large file attachments.
What equipment will I need at my home to get started?
The following are the minimum hardware and software configurations required for Spring ISD Virtual School courses.
- Windows Computer: Pentium Processor and Windows 2000, XP, ME, or Vista
Macintosh Computer: Power PC Processor and System 8.5 or higher
- At least 256 MB RAM
- Color monitor (16 bit, 800 x 600 resolution)
- 8x or faster CD-ROM drive
- Keyboard and mouse
- Direct network connection or high speed Internet access
- Sound card and speakers
- Hard disk with at least 40 MB available
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 10.0 or higher
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2003 or higher
- A printer is recommended and will enhance your experience in a Spring ISD Virtual School course
- Browser Plug-ins: *Latest version of Flash, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Sun Java JRE and 3D