in the Classroom
- Cultural Responsiveness
- Model respect, sensitivity and interest
- Greet your students warmly
- What to do
- Set consistent and explicit expectations
- Joy Factor
- Interact positively with all students
- Precise Praise
- Acknowledge and praise responsible behavior
- Positive Framing
- Offer calm and clear corrections
- Demonstrate Success
- Show what excellence looks like
Superintendent Dr. Rodney Watson challenged teachers to focus on ways they can achieve the changes they want to see in their students by creating classrooms where every child is expected to succeed, no matter what.
That “no-excuses” approach to education underscores the district’s first embedded professional development session of the year for more than 2,400 campus educators, who attended one of three events throughout the day on Sept. 18 with future feeder-pattern colleagues. Read more.
As we begin the third year of our EVERY CHILD 2020 strategic plan -- a year that has been earmarked for achievement -- we hope you will partner with us as we make changes that will impact student success. Read more.