WELLS MIDDLE SCHOOL PROJECT S.A.F.E.
Welcome to Wells' 21st Century CLC Program’s site! The 21st Century CLC SAFE Program is an afterschool program that will operate at Ponderosa Elementary, and is open to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. The program will offer daily homework support, tutorials, academic enrichment, extra-curricular activities, and more. The activities of the program will support the school day curriculum, and will give the students the opportunity to grow both academically and socially. All students enrolled, must complete their first 45 days successfully. It will be staffed by Certified Teachers, Tutors, and Paraprofessionals that all share the same passion to see students succeed and grow. There will also be a focus on community involvement in education, and parental engagement with their children. Adult learning opportunities and Family Events will be offered throughout the year.
21st Century Project SAFE Mission
- Provide valuable targeted academic support to help students meet local and state standards in core academic subjects
- Provide a wide variety of high-interest, student selected activities that will supplement and support the students’ regular academic school-day curriculum
- Build strong parental involvement
- Promote community partnerships
Julia James, M.Ed.
21st Century Site Coordinator
- Monday-Thursday: 4:45 - 7:15
- Friday: 4:45 - 6:45
Daily Program Schedule:
- 4:45: Students dismissed from class to program
- 4:50: Arrival, Attendance, & Dinner
- 4:50 - 6:45: Program Activities (Learning Lab, IXL Learning, Clubs, Enrichment Virtual and In-Person)
- 7:15: Dismissal from Program to Home