It is our belief that student performance will improve as a result of our cooperative efforts to support this compact. This is a three-way partnership with a specific goal in mind. It is imperative that each person assume his or her responsibilities.
- Provide a quiet place to do homework.
- Set aside a specific time to do homework.
- Be actively involved and engaged in the work of my student.
- Set an example for my child by being a lifelong learning myself.
- Take home materials and information needed to complete all assignments.
- Read at least 30 minutes every day to increase reading fluency.
- Write daily in writing journal to increase vocabulary and grammar.
- Actively participate in classroom instruction.
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction to meet the needs of all learners.
- Provide an environment that allows for positive communication between the teacher, parent, and student.
- Provide opportunities for parents to be involved in the school and in their child’s education.
- Provide intervention for every child during the instruction day to increase student achievement.