Welcome To Claughton Middle School
Visiting our School:
- All visitors must report to the front office to get visitor badge.
- All visitors must have a valid driver’s license or state i.d. to visit our campus. Please be prepared to present your photo i.d., which will be scanned by our Raptor System. This technology accesses a nationwide database of registered sex offenders. It will also produce an instant visitor’s badge to identify you and your destination. Please return the badge when leaving the building.
- Classroom visits: Visits must be scheduled through the Principal or Principal’s designee for a time and date convenient to both the parent and the teacher. The parental observation date shall be within a reasonable time frame following the initial request. A request for a specific date must be made no less than 48 hours in advance. No visits will be allowed while students are participating in assessments, quizzes or tests.
- Parent conferences with Assistant Principals, Counselors, Department Coordinators and Teachers: Please call or email in advance to schedule a visit to ensure that the visit does not conflict with testing, supervision, responsibilities or some other schedule activity.
- Students will not be released to an adult other than the child’s parent unless the parent has designated (in writing) that another person(s) may pick up their child.
- Lunch Visits: All visitors must sign in with our receptionist and be escorted to the cafeteria. NO LUNCH DELIVERIES during testing
- The only entrance to the school will be through the front foyer entrance. You must go through the office to get in the building.