Welcome to Heritage Elementary!
We are always happy to have parents visit at Heritage Elementary. If you plan to observe our child's classroom, please follow the guidelines listed below. Visits to individual classrooms during instructional time shall be permitted only with an administrator's approval. Visits shall not be permitted if their duration or frequency interferes with the delivery of instruction, or disrupts the normal school environment. These visits will be more beneficial for everyone if the following guidelines are observed.
As stated in the Parent-Student handbook:
- Please sign in at the front office and obtain a visitor's badge.
- Please make other arrangements for pre-school children rather than bringing them for a visit. The school does not have child care facilities and the activities of pre-schoolers distract students, teachers, and parents.
- Visitor's must be dressed appropriately, with no revealing or suggestive clothing.
- Profane or offensive messages on clothing is prohibited.
- There will be zero tolerance for disorderly conduct, including, but not limited to, refusal to comply with campus policy, profanity, and verbal or physical intimidation.
When you arrive at Heritage for a classroom visit:
- Please call in advance to schedule a visit to ensure that the visit does not conflict with testing, supervision responsibilities or some other scheduled activity.
- Sign in at the front office and receive a visitor's badge. A photo ID must be shown anytime a visitor enters the building.
- Front office personnel will notify the teacher that you will be visiting the classroom.
- Front office personnel or and administrator will escort you to the classroom.
- The teacher will show you to an appropriate classroom seat in the classroom for the observation.
- Once you are seated, the teacher will continue with instruction. To avoid disrupting instruction, please do not get up and move around the classroom. The teacher will not be able to visit with you during instruction time.
- When your observation is complete, please return to the front office to sign out.
- When visiting the school, you may only visit the area designated on your badge.
- If you would like to discuss any issues with the teacher, please notify the front office when signing out. The teacher will call you to schedule a meeting.
Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy your visit!