Hirsch Elementary Dress Code
The following items will be held as the dress code for our school.
This is not an all encompasing list and may be added to or changed at any time.
- Students’ shorts, skirts, or dresses must be mid-thigh or longer in length.
- Students are not permitted to wear very tight, loose, revealing or short clothing.
- Pants must be worn at the waist.
- No pajamas, cutoffs, jogging pants, wind or biker’s shorts, tank or crop-tops.
- No headgear, including doo-rags, scarves, wave caps, sweatbands, bandanas, etc., is permitted in the school.
- Clothing with visual or written messages likely to disrupt the school environment is prohibited.
- A student’s hair must be neat, clean, and must not be distracting or interfere with the learning environment. Extreme hairstyles and hair color that may reasonably be expected to cause disruption of or interference with normal school operations are not acceptable. Noisy or distracting jewelry or accessories may not be worn.
- No nose/facial/tongue jewelry. No grills allowed.
- No flip-flops or shoes without a back.
- No type of cap or hat is to be worn in the school or sunglasses (except for special days).
- No hoodies on your head.
- In the event that a parent cannot be reached to remove a student from school to correct his grooming, the student will be placed in the office.
- Discipline consequences may also result for repeated violation of the grooming and dress code policy.