Emergency Management and School Safety
- Develop, implement, and administer a comprehensive District-wide safety, crisis response, and emergency management program by utilizing the expertise and policies of related departments.
- Conduct routine assessments and inspections of District assets and establish processes that improve overall safety through the active participation of District employees and contractors.
- Continuously promote health and safety awareness in the District by aligning positive attitudes with responsible behaviors.
- Redefine accidents and incidents to determine common causes and emphasize accurate recording and reporting to improve overall department safety performance.
- Progressively promote the protection of the environment and encourage the efficient use and preservation of natural resources. Review and recommend action plans for construction projects to ensure all operations are performed in such a manner to avoid harm and health of students. Including employees and others involved, and to provide all life safety codes to ensure they are strictly followed before and during construction.