Welcome to Spring ISD’s 2021 Summer Learning Program! We are excited to be able to offer an excellent experience for students who want to accelerate and enrich their learning with high-quality options, in spite of this year’s challenges with COVID-19.
For students who need accelerated learning or grade recovery, we are offering an in-person experience at select school sites that will focus heavily on literacy and math. For students who want to enrich, we are offering an online experience accessible through the Spring ISD website and Schoology.
If your student is participating in-person, the summer school session will run from Monday, June 14 through Friday, July 2. Students in pre-K and Kindergarten will run through Thursday, July 8. The 21st Century after-school program and Special Education Extended School Year (ESY) program will be provided until July 22.
The online self-paced enrichment program will be available all summer long with a set of courses being offered in June and a second set in July.
We know the 2020-21 school year has been challenging so we’re committed to tackling any COVID-19 learning losses while ensuring equitable outcomes for all students.
Summer School Hours
21st Century Extended Day
- Pre-K, Kindergarten, and ESY: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Elementary (Grades 1-5): 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Middle School: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- High School: 9:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
21st Century Community Learning Center Specialty Camps Program Times (Monday-Thursday)
- Pre-K and Kindergarten: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Elementary (Grades 1-5): 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Middle School: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- High School: 3:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m (Beginning July 8)
- Elementary (Grades 1-5): 8 a.m. to 12 p.m (Beginning July 2)
- Middle School: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Beginning July 2)
- High School: 9:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. (Beginning July 2)
In-Person Summer School
If your student has been invited to attend in-person summer school, here’s what to expect. First of all, students will be attending summer school at one of our cluster or hub sites. Transportation will be provided to all eligible students, just like during the school year.
- Elementary Students (Grades 1-5) will attend summer school at either Major Elementary or Bailey Middle School.
- Middle School Students will attend summer school at the new Westfield Ninth-Grade Center
- High School Students will attend summer school at Westfield High School
- Pre-K/Kindergarten/ESY Students will attend summer school at Hoyland Elementary
If your student is looking to enrich their learning or get ahead on credits, we will be offering an online Project-Based Learning (PBL) experience that focuses on Literacy and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) Camps. These self-paced lessons will be available on our website.
21st Century Program Option
Current 21st CCLC scholars and students interested in participating in our academic enrichment classes and specialty camps are invited to complete an enrollment form and turn it in to their campus administrator. Students will participate in STEAM activities, and can select from Sports Camp, Performing and Visual Arts Camp, Gaming and Animation Camp, and Digital Music Camp.
My student was invited to attend in-person summer school but they won’t be able to attend every day of the session. Should they still sign up?
Will there be 21st Century after-school opportunities at all locations and will evening bus transportation be provided for those students participating in the extended day program?
I’ve filled out the registration form already so what are the next steps?
Will there be meals and snacks provided to students learning in-person and taking part in the extended day program?
Why is the program pre-K, Kindergarten, and Special Education Extended School Year (ESY), extending into July?
What are the attendance requirements for in-person summer school?
Why can’t my student attend summer school at their neighborhood campus?
When will I learn the pick up and drop off times for my child’s summer school bus?
Will the district’s mask and social distancing policies still be in place this summer?
What campus will my elementary student attend for summer school since my home campus is not a location?