TRIBES is a learning community approach to working together in harmony. Its foundation includes learning how to build group development through inclusion activities, influence activities and community activities while at the same time using four agreements: Attentive Listening, Mutual Respect, The Right to Pass and The Right to Participate and Appreciation…No Put Downs.
For more information visit: www.tribes.com
· to pay close attention to ones another’s expression of ideas, opinions and feelings
· to let others know they have been heard.
· to avoid negative remarks, name calling, hateful gestures or behaviours.
· to choose whether to offer observations later to the group.
· to offer feedback that encourages growth.
The more these four agreements are internalized and enforced by students with one another the more order is maintained.