Clark Intermediate School was named after a man named B.F. Clark.
A native of San Augustine County, Texas, B.F. Clark exhibited a passion for education and a love for children at an early age when he substituted as a teacher while still in high school. He began his teaching career in 1938 on a temporary certificate while continuing his final two years of college. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Texas College in August 1942 and reported immediately to the U.S. Army where he served for three and one-half years before being discharged as a decorated Sergeant.
In 1946, Mr. Clark resumed teaching at Groveton, Texas and in 1949, completed his Masters of Science in Education degree at Prarie View A&M. Two years later, he began his 28-year career with Spring ISD. During his tenure, Mr. Clark served as a teacher, coach, bus driver, counselor, textbook custodian and principal from 1951 until 1979. Most importantly, he served, and continues to serve, as a friend of education.
In his final year of service to Spring, he was selected as the District "Teacher of the Year." The Spring Independent School District's Board of Trustees also honored Mr. Clark on July 17, 1990 when they named the District's 13th elementary school for him. That school, now named Clark Primary, educates students in grades prekindergarten through second.
On October 5, 2003, the Board of Trustees honored Mr. Clark by naming one of their newest campuses Clark Intermediate School, educates students in grades third through fifth.