Visiting Hirsch ElementaryWe love to have visitors here at Hirsch! In order to ensure the safety of all of our students and staff, we ask you to follow the following guidlines. To find a map to Hirsch please click here.
When You Visit Our School1. All visitors must report to the front office to get your visitor’s badge.
2. You must have a valid driver’s license or state i.d. to visit our campus. Please be prepared to present your photo i.d., which will be scanned by our V.Soft equipment. This technology accesses a nationwide data base of registered sex offenders. It will also produce an instant visitor’s badge to identify you and your destination. Please return the badge when leaving the building.
3. Students will not be released to an adult other than the child’s parent without the consent of the principal or assistant principal.
4. The only visitor entrance to the school will be through the front foyer entrance. You must always go through the office to get in the building.
Transportation ChangesIf you need to change your child’s transportation, please send a note to the homeroom teacher or fax the change to the Hirsch front office at 281-891-8330. No transportation changes can be made over the phone and no transportation changes will be taken after 2:30 p.m. We will continue to ask that if you are checking your child out early that you arrive no later than 2:30 p.m. We must have time to verify your identification and get the child from class. Remember that no one may pick up a child unless they are listed on the child’s registration form and they have proper identification. These procedures are for the safety and protection of your child. We appreciate your cooperation.
Car Rider Procedures1. The gate entrance is for Day Care Vans only. Car rider traffic should yield to day care vans for the safety of both vehicles.
2. The Trailing Vine entrance is for Staff and Car rider traffic. The loop around the parking area is one way, please observe the cones and be aware of the pedestrian crosswalk that leads to the front entry.
3. Students may not be dropped off before 7:30 a.m.
4. Car riders will be dismissed at 3:15 p.m. Make sure that your student identification sheet is clearly visible through the windshield. Pull forward to the cone as instructed and come to a complete stop.
5. Parents may not walk students to their car during car rider dismissal. If you must walk your child to your car, you will be asked to wait until the car rider line has cleared. Pedestrian traffic must be kept to a minimum during this time.
6. Cars will not be allowed to leave the parking lot during car arrival and dismissal times until the line has cleared. This is for the protection of our pedestrian traffic (including students and staff with disabilities).
7. If you pick your child up for an early appointment, you must do so no later than 2:30 p.m. to avoid pedestrian traffic and confusion at dismissal. After 2:30 p.m., you will need to pick up your child in the car rider line or meet them at their designated bus stop if they are a bus rider.
Car Rider Procedures1. All parents must fill out the Student Transformation Form to indicate their child’s mode of transportation.
2. In case of severe weather, Hirsch staff will consult the Student Transportation Form and your child will be sent home the way you specified on this form.
3. Please see above for transportation changes.