Welcome to the Winship Library!
Our Librarian/Library Media Specialist is Quame Nelloms.
Our Library Assistant is Mrs. Salgado
They can be reached in the library at 281-891-8210.
Please feel free to contact us with any concerns or questions.
Reading is one of the most important skills your child will learn in school. Like all skills, improvement comes with practice, and the Winship Elementary School Library provides a wide variety of books for students to borrow for reading practice, information, and enjoyment. Your student’s class will visit the school library weekly to select books. You can help your student by reading to or with him/her and asking questions about the story. Encourage your child to spend time reading at home every day.
- Students are responsible to handle library books with care, since they are for everyone to share. Please keep books away from pets, food, and all liquids.
- Any book damage should be reported to the library as soon as possible so we can attempt repairs.
- *Library books may be kept for one week (K – 2nd grade) or two weeks (3rd – 6th), then must be returned. A book may be renewed (checked out again) if the student is not finished reading it.
- An overdue (late) book means a student cannot borrow another book (until the overdue book is renewed or returned).
- *If a book is lost, payment toward a replacement will be requested from the parent/guardian.
- * If your family plans to move from Winship Elementary, please return all books before moving.
We hope your student will read and enjoy many books and grow in reading skills while attending our school.