Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Application Now Open for Eligible Spring ISD Families
The online application for the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is now open for eligible families who may qualify for a one-time benefit of up to $285 to be issued on an EBT card to assist during the district’s closure.
Families will have until June 30, 2020 to complete and submit the application, available by clicking here. Once approved, a P-EBT card will be mailed to your household and families will have one year to use the benefits, which are non-transferrable.
The P-EBT benefit was approved by the United States Department of Agriculture to help eligible families buy food for their students during the COVID-19 pandemic. The EBT card can be used like a debit card to buy food from any retailer that accepts the Texas Lone Star Card.
If any of the following circumstances apply to your children, they may be eligible:
- Children who received SNAP food stamp benefits for March 2020.
- Children who are approved free or reduced-price meals during the 2019-20 school year.
- Children who attend a school that offers free meals to all students.
If your family meets one of the above requirements, here are next steps:
- Families who received SNAP benefits in the month of March 2020 for children ages 5 - 18 will automatically receive the P-EBT benefit on their EBT card. You do not need to apply.
- Qualifying families that must apply online:
- If you have children under the age of 5 or children between the ages of 19 and 21, who received SNAP benefits in March, you must apply online for P-EBT.
- If you have children up to 21 years old who received free or reduced meals at school based on the approval of a free/reduced meal application, you must apply online for P-EBT.
A P-EBT call center can be reached at 833-613-6220 to assist families in completing their application. For more information, please visit hhs.texas.gov/PEBT.