Return to Headlines

Meyer Elementary School

Built in 1976, Meyer Elementary was named to honor two members of the same family, Otto H. Meyer and Avalt H. Meyer, father and son, who together served more than 35 years on the Board of Trustees. Otto Meyer served on the Board beginning in the mid 1920s and continued through the mid 1930s. Avalt Meyer began his service in 1946 and served more than 24 years.