Thompson Elementary was named after former trustee, Deloras Thompson in 1995. Mrs. Thompson served on the board of trustees from 1983-1995. During that time she served on all board committees and in all office roles, including two terms as president. She was a teacher and girls’ coach in the Spring district from 1959-1964. As a parent, she was a worker, organizer and supporter in the athletic, bond, and FFA booster clubs. Before the trustee service, she served on the advisory committee that developed the District’s first five-year educational plan.