- Carl Wunsche Sr. High School
Spring ISD Issues Important Requirements for In-Person Graduation Ceremonies
Ahead of the scheduled in-person graduation ceremonies for Spring ISD students the weekend of June 12 - June 14, the district is issuing special requirements to ensure the safety of all our students, families and staff and to adhere to all of the health protocols and requirements set forth by Governor Abbott’s Executive Order and the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
We know you want to begin making arrangements for your family. Here are some details we can share at this time:
- Each graduate will receive two tickets for family members who wish to attend. We are abiding by TEA’s guidelines to limit the number of participants to a level that can be managed in the outdoor venue to maximize social distancing, both during the event and during entry and exit.
- The only exceptions to the two tickets are Spring Early College Academy and Carl Wunsche Sr. High School. More tickets are available for these graduations because of the smaller sizes of the classes.
- Our graduation ceremony will be live-streamed on the Spring ISD website. We recommend that individuals considered “at risk” (for example, elderly individuals, individuals with compromised immune systems, anyone who has been in contact with a COVID-19 patient, etc.) should not attend the ceremony and should, instead, view it online.
- Gates at Planet Ford stadium will open for guests at 6 a.m. for morning graduations and at 5 p.m. for the evening events. More information will be forthcoming specific to graduate arrival and check-in.
- If possible, please carpool to limit the number of vehicles. This will make the entry and egress much easier for everyone.
- We expect it to be very warm outside. Attendees should dress accordingly.
- Graduates should wear only flat shoes to minimize tripping hazards on the turf. No heels will be allowed.
- Bags, regardless of size, will be prohibited. This means no purses, backpacks or other bags may be brought into the stadium, unless required for health reasons. Under these circumstances, a small clear bag must be used.
- Prior to entering the ceremony, students and attending family members will be asked by a Spring ISD employee to indicate if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, including the following:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle Pain
- Sore Throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19
(Note: Individuals with COVID-19 signs and symptoms will be excluded from participating and attending the ceremony.)
- Strict social distancing guidelines will be in place for all graduates and guests. Attendees will be asked to sit in designated areas and adhere to the social distancing guidelines issued by local, state, and national health agencies/authorities.
- Masks will be provided for graduates and they will be expected to wear them throughout the ceremony.
- Per TEA guidelines, and consistent with actions taken by many institutions across the state, attendees are encouraged to wear face cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth) while inside the facility or coming in contact within six feet of another person who is not a member of that person’s household.
- Guests are invited to take photographs or videos from their seats.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- Only three people will be allowed in each (respective) restroom and each stall will be sanitized by staff before the next person can enter.
- The graduates will be seated on the field in socially distanced rows. When the graduate’s name is called, he or she will come up, walk across the stage and pick up the diploma that is placed on the table. Once exiting, there will be a photograph opportunity.
- Graduates will be released from the field first and will meet their families at their cars.
- Guests will need to stay seated until they are dismissed by an usher. Again, social distancing must be followed while exiting the stadium.
- We ask that families do not loiter in the stadium following the ceremony but quickly exit as instructed.
Thank you for your support, patience and understanding as we implement these procedures and requirements. We will continue to provide updates or revisions as needed.