Spring ISD Wins 14 Awards for Outstanding Communications Work
HOUSTON - June 26, 2019 - The Spring ISD Communications team has earned 14 awards from the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA) in the organization’s 2019 National School Communication Awards program, including three top Awards of Excellence.
The annual school public relations contest drew nearly 1,150 entries this year from across the country, including submissions from public and private schools and school districts, educational organizations and business partners. Each entry highlights work in education communication and marketing, encompassing print, electronic communications, video, audio, websites and social media campaigns.
“We are very gratified to earn this recognition among our peers,” said Chief Communications Officer Tiffany Dunne-Oldfield. “As always, our goal is to keep our community informed about what’s happening in Spring ISD while shining a spotlight on the tremendous talent of our students, teachers and staff. It’s easy to do that when you have such a hardworking and creative team.”
She also noted that much of the work recognized in the awards was done by the Communications team in collaboration with other departments in Spring ISD, and with the support of the Spring ISD Board of Trustees and Superintendent Dr. Rodney E Watson. “We’re very fortunate to work in a district that values communication and transparency,” Dunne-Oldfield said.
According to the group’s website, NSPRA has recognized stand-out work in the field of school communication for more than 50 years. This year’s awards will be officially presented during the 2019 NSPRA National Seminar this July in Washington, D.C.
Awards of Excellence
- State of the District 2019 (Marketing Material)
- Somos Spring (Blog)
- Bond Program (Internet/Intranet Website)
Awards of Merit
- Spring High School Sophomore Swims in a Lane of His Own (Writing)
- Parent Central (Internet/Intranet Website)
- Financial Transparency (Internet/Intranet Website)
- Journey into Reading (Internet/Intranet Website)
- Spring High School Band is Hitting High Notes with the Houston Symphony (Video)
- Spring ISD - State of the District (Video)
- Research and Results Share the Spotlight at the Spring ISD GT Expo (Video)
- Salyers Elementary Honors President George H.W. Bush (Video)
- First Day at Carl Wunsche Sr. High School (Video)
- Spring ISD Educator Named Teacher of the Year by the Texas Association for Bilingual Education (Writing)
- #WelcomeSpringISD (Social Media)