Spring ISD is reintroducing the scanner system Z Pass+ on all of its buses for the 2022-23 school year that will give added peace of mind to parents by allowing them to know when and where their student gets on and off the bus.
Students carry a small card that automatically logs their entry or exit when they pass the scanner on the school bus. The information is then instantly and securely available to parents. Notifications can also be sent directly to their computer or cell phone via text message.
In addition, these cards will have a dual purpose to allow students to scan at the Point of Sale in the cafeteria lines, adding convenience and efficiency for both parents and child nutrition workers.
Know when and where your child gets on and off the school bus.
- Know the date, time and location your child boarded and exited the bus.
- Receive instant notifications directly to your e-mail or phone.
Get the Z Pass+ mobile app:
Need help with Z Pass+?
Zonar MyView is an easy-to-use mobile app that allows parents to check on the school bus anytime. Key features include:
- View a real-time, map-based bus locator
- Guarantee parent and student information privacy
- Create custom zones for each stop and facility
- Send email alerts and SMS messages
- Available on smartphones and tablets
Set up Zonar MyView:
- Download the Zonar MyView app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Enter the School Access Code 77090.
- Enter your child’s unique student ID.
- Create alert zones around drop-off and pick-up points.
When your child’s bus enters an alert zone, you will receive notification by email or text.
Get the Zonar MyView mobile app:
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any privacy concerns related to the GPS tracking of students and buses?
How does Z Pass work?
If I’m a parent without a Smartphone, can I still track my student?
What happens if my student forgets or loses their ZPass?
How will my student receive their ZPass?
My student isn’t eligible to ride the bus so why are they getting a card?
Are any other districts in the area using this technology?